Painting the walls of your home is one of the easiest ways to make it feel new again. The hardest part is choosing which colors should go with each room. It can be intimidating when choosing new colors for your home, and rightly so. Not only will you have to live with the decision for a while, but there is also a lot of power behind colors.
Throughout history and across cultures, colors were perceived to have certain effects on the mind, and those beliefs held back then are what shapes how we feel about colors now. It’s why we feel relaxed when looking at a bright blue sky, and why we associate smiley faces with yellow. On a broader level, we generally feel the same emotions and exhibit certain moods when in a room depending on the color. That’s why when it comes to selecting a paint color for your home; you should know the effects it will have on your mood.
Here are some color schemes and how they could be used in your home:
- If you want to create a calm, relaxing vibe, go for a soft blue. Popular for bathrooms, bedrooms, and living rooms, painting your room blue is a great way to make a space tranquil. Although a poor choice for kitchens and dining rooms, as the color blue is considered an appetite suppressant.
- If you want to have a room color that’s easy on the eyes, green is the best color to go with. As the color of nature, green is suitable for virtually every room in the house.
- If building energy in a room is important to you, then orange is the best way to go. Especially for your home gym, it can give you the extra boost you need and get yet your heart pumping.
- If you want to make a dramatic strong first impression, red might be your best bet. Great for kitchens, entryways, and living rooms, having red walls or a single accent wall, will bring up the level of excitement in a room.
- For added elegance and sophistication, try purple, the color of royalty, in any room. The lighter shade of lilac, promotes a restful night sleep.
In the end, when selecting your color schemes, your choice should reflect your personal style, while being aware of how they can affect yours and your family’s mood.
No problem, our professionals can provide the needed advice and input.
Roche Painting is here to give your home the makeover of your dreams.