Epoxy flooring has been a great option for industrial and chemical businesses. More and more homeowners are opting for epoxy flooring for their houses as well. There are many advantages for doing so over traditional flooring options or just leaving the concrete floors as is and it is important to understand the differences in epoxy flooring.
Benefits of Epoxy Flooring
- Shiny high gloss surface looks great
- Durable surface that withstands heavy and continuous traffic
- Stain resistant
- High impact and fire resistant
- Easy to clean
- Non-slip surface
Long lasting (may last up to 20 years when properly installed, see 100% Solids below)
- Able to be combined with paint
- Makes concrete up to 4x as strong
- Masks chips and cracks
- Requires little or no major maintenance
- Green/environamentally sound option
When considering a professionally installed epoxy floor types coating, it is only natural for some homeowners to consider cheaper alternatives. However, those who do may well be disappointed in the results. That is why it is important to understand the differences as the most likely trade-off for reducing the cost is by using the type of epoxy floor coating that is of a lesser grade and/or not correctly applied.
3 types of epoxy paint used as floor coating
- 100% Solids Epoxy Floor Coating – the most durable and long-lasting of the 3 options. Applied by and favored by professional installers as it is the best option.
- Water-Based Epoxy Floor Coating – more of a primer and a sealer, since it spreads out thinly and does not possess the same degree of durability and resistance as the 100% solids. It is usually used by DIYers and some professional installers.
- Solvent-Based Epoxy Floor Types Coating – makes use of solvents when used as floor sealer and primer, similar to the water-based type, but the least popular option as it achieves only a thin layer and often is non-VOC compliant (Volatile Organic Compound regulations)
Roche Painting has been the interior and exterior residential painting contractor of choice in the Lehigh Valley and surrounding areas for years!
Looking to make changes to your home or business? Roche Painting specializes in a variety of home improvement services, including interior and exterior painting, carpentry, flooring, tiling, decorative molding, and remodeling for homes and businesses alike.
Call us today for an in-home / on-site price quote!
Save on Home Improvements
*Interior & Exterior Painting & Staining *Flooring
*Decorative Molding *Remodeling *Tiling *Floor Coating
Serving the greater Lehigh Valley, PA and surrounding areas